When you click Export to Outlook, you can export a .csv file that can easily be imported into your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
Three options for export
All options will provide you with a .csv file that can be imported into Outlook.
- You can export all Marian College activities for an entire month.
Select the month you would like to export and put the category filter on all events. Click Export to Outlook.
Example to export the entire June 2008 event calendar for Marian College.
- You can export one category of events for the entire month.
Select the month and the category filter you would like to export. Click Export to Outlook.
Example to export the June 2008 event calendar for Office of Alumni Affairs events.
- You can export a single event to Outlook.
Select the event you would like to export and click the link for the event details. Click Export to Outlook.
Example to export the All Alumni Weekend event from the event detail screen.
Back to top
Importing the .csv file into Microsoft Outlook
All three export options above use the same import to Outlook procedure.
- After you have clicked Export to Outlook, you will get a file download box. Click Save and save the file on your computer where you can find it.
- Open Outlook and, on the menu, go to File, then Import and Export.
- This will bring up the Import and Export Wizard. Select Import from another program or file and click Next.
Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) as the file type and click Next.
- Click Browse to find your file and select the appropriate option. Click Next.
- Select the Calendar as the destination folder. Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the import.
You will not need to map and fields unless you have altered the original .csv file.
You can delete the .csv file from your computer once you have imported the events to Outlook.
Back to top