To be considered for an interview, an applicant must:
- Meet all the admissions requirements and technical standards for admissions
- Have a complete file
- including the AACOMAS application
- a secondary application
- a form/letter of recommendation from a physician (DO or M.D.)
- a recommendation form/letter from a pre-medical or pre-health committee or advisor*
- a recommendation form/letter from a science professor
- the waiver/non-waiver statement
- the processing fee.
After the Office of Admissions receives these materials, the applicant’s file is reviewed to determine eligibility for an interview, based on the established criteria of the admissions committee. Each applicant who interviews will be reviewed by the admissions committee. An admissions decision, based on academic performance, professional experience, and interview, will be provided to the applicant usually within a few weeks of the interview date.
Intentional misrepresentation or omission of information on any form relevant to admissions or records will subject the student to withdrawal of acceptance or dismissal if enrolled.
COMs reserve the right to deny admission to any applicant for any reason deemed sufficient. Matriculation will be denied to applicants who have failed to maintain a good record of scholastic performance and/or good record of personal conduct between the time of their acceptance and their matriculation.
* If an advisor or committee is not available, a letter from another
science professor will be accepted as a substitute.