At All Alumni Weekend 2008, the class of 1958—the first four-year co-ed class at Marian College—celebrated their 50th class reunion. To honor this milestone, the classmates gave the college a bench and a tree, which will be located near the Saint Francis statue on the grounds of Allison Mansion.
They also created an endowed scholarship to benefit non-traditional students. Called The First Co-Ed Class of 1958 Endowed Scholarship, the gift was funded in part through a matching grant program, the Board of Trustees Leadership Challenge for Endowed Scholarships.
The class of 1958 made history at Marian College as the first four-year co-ed class. As the college enters a new era in its history and transforms into a great Catholic university, their gift will make a difference to the next generation of pioneers.