- Identify interests, abilities, and values. (Complete Sigi3 assessment at www.marian.edu/careerservices.)
- Research majors that match your interests, skills, and values. Seek the counsel of your academic advisor and career services.
- Attend Student Activities Fair to learn about organizations on campus. Get Involved.
- Attend a service or career event on campus or in the community.
- Attend ICS seminars that match your interests.
- Stay involved. Consider joining additional student organizations.
- Draft a resume and cover letter and have an ICS representative give feedback.
- Complete a mock interview. Write a thank you note to the interviewer.
- Create a profile on KnightWork (www.marian.edu/careerservices). Upload your resume.
- Obtain a summer experience to help build your job skills.
- Attend ICS seminars that match your interests (e.g. Etiquette Dinner, Networking Knights Reception)
- Stay involved. Consider becoming a leader of a student organization.
- Update your resume and upload into KnightWork.
- Complete an internship or another significant experiential learning opportunity (scientific research, A-Team, Ethics Bowl, etc.)
- Research and visit companies to learn more about their work and available opportunities.
- Consult your advisor, faculty, and the ICS staff for additional methods in conducting your job search/educational search.
- Attend ICS seminars that match your interests. (e.g. Etiquette Dinner, Networking Knights Reception)
- Prepare/practice for GRE or professioal school admission test, if applicable.
- Update your resume highlighting academic, professional, and co-curricular success. Upload to KnightWork.
- Network, research companies, and utilize KnightWork to conduct your job search.
- Request permission from professionals and professors to include on a list of references.
- Schedule a mock interview with ICS and receive feedback on your interviewing skills.
- Attend ICS seminars that match your interests (e.g. Etiquette Dinner, Networking Knights).
- Prepare and practice for GRE/professional admissions tests, if applicable.
- Complete GRE/professional admissions tests, if not completed junior year.
- Seek guidance regarding CV, purpose statement, etc. from ICS and/or your academic department if pursuing post-graduate study.