Alumni Career Development
As an alum of Marian University you can access all of the services the office of internships and career services has to offer! If you are in search of employment, below is a step-by-step guide to get started.
If you are a recent graduate, please complete the online graduate survey. We would like to add your employment information to our statistics for your class.
Career Development Plan
Explore who you are.What are your interests, values, and abilities?
Determine what your desired lifestyle will look like.
Where do you want to be in ten years? How will you get there? What careers/jobs will lead you in that direction?
Gather information about careers, companies and organization, and communities.
Set goals and prepare an action plan.
Use the best job search tools.
- Network with friends, neighbors, alumni, faculty, business owners, etc.
- Find the hidden jobs before they are posted for the public.
- Call companies or organizations.
- Schedule information interviews with people who hire employees in your chosen career field.
- Scan the want ads on the internet and in the Sunday newspaper.
- Subscribe to job posting sites for jobs in your chosen career.
Prepare your job search documents.
- Cover letter
- Portfolio of professional work, awards, and writing samples.
Purchase your interviewing wardrobe.
Practice your interviewing skills with a family member or friend.