- Current Marian University students who took part in a study abroad experience between summer 2011 and summer 2012 are eligible to submit photo(s). The photo must have been taken during an abroad experience, but does not have to be limited to your program site. (A student studying in England, for example, could submit a photo taken in Austria during an interim trip.)
- The photo(s) must have been taken by the student submitting it/them.
Entry Requirements and Instructions
- Submit an unmounted 8” x 10” hardcopy print AND a digital .jpg file
- Photos may be in color, black and white, or sepia.
- Photos may be printed on any kind of paper using any kind of printing process.
- You may submit up to a total of three entries.
- For each photo, fill out a Photo Contest Entry Form. By submitting your photo(s), you permit Marian University to use your photo and name in any and all Marian University media.
- Title digital photo(s) in this format: firstname_lastname_country.jpg (e.g. ben_smith_england.jpg) and send the digital files to: Dr. Wendy Westphal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8” x 10” prints and the Photo Contest Entry Form should be dropped off in Clare Hall 020A
- Deadline for submissions: October 31, 2012
- Most Picturesque: Photos that depict beautiful international settings
- Knights Abroad: You or fellow Marian University students in a favorite experience abroad
- Inspirational Global Encounters: An inspirational photo reflecting a unique cultural experience
- The Knights’ Choice: Marian University students, faculty, and staff vote to choose their overall favorite photo
Display and Judging Process
Photos will be exhibited in the lower level of Clare Hall (where the Language and English departments are) in November before the awards ceremony. A committee of Marian University faculty members will judge the photos. Marian University students, faculty, and staff will vote during the weeks the photos are displayed to choose the winner of the “The Knights’ Choice” award. Judges’ decisions are final.
For each category, there will be one first place award ($50 Marian University bookstore gift certificate) and one second place award ($25 Marian University bookstore gift certificate).
Study Abroad Office, Department of Languages and Cultures, and the Writing Center
Contact Dr. Wendy Westphal at email@example.com or in Clare Hall 020A.