Calling all teachers, retired teachers, science professionals, college students studying to be teachers, or anyone else who can light the science spark for Pre-Kindergarten -12th grade students!
On-Call Science Instructors
A corps of Science Instructors will be directly involved with Pre-K–12 students through a variety of program formats, including, classroom activities at area school sites, interactive videoconferencing programs from the Marian University videoconferencing studio, afterschool programs, and programs at Marian University. The position requires knowledge of science; desire to work with the K–12 student population, flexible schedules, and interest in engaging students and teachers in interactive, standards-based science programs.
- Become familiar with and comfortable presenting existing Marian University K-12 science programs.
- Actively engage the students using effective teaching skills and methods.
- Interact with the requesting organizations in a manner that would engender continued requests.
- Collect participation data from the group, if required.
- Respond in a timely manner to Marian University regarding potential teaching assignments.
- Be willing to participate in program and technology training.
- Teaching experience - either formal or informal, or recent coursework in science, education, or related courses of study
- Science teaching experience preferred
- Experience with Pre-K-12 students
- Ability to engage students in educational and fun activities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to handle disruptive or challenging students
- Creativity, energy, patience, and flexibility
- Comfort with videoconferencing technology or willingness to learn
- Available on an as-needed basis
- Reliable transportation
- Computer and Internet access
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Janice Hicks Slaughter at
3200 Cold Spring Road
Indianapolis, IN 46222