Events that trigger lockdown/shelter-in-place could include an airborne Hazardous Material Spill, severe weather or Tornado, or other dangerous situations.
Notification will be delivered by interrupted blasts of tornado siren, building coordinator, campus voice mail, campus e-mail, and/or text message. DO NOT CALL CAMPUS POLICE.
• STAY INSIDE. Remain sheltered until you are given further instructions or the all-clear is
• Move away from windows and doors to the interior space of buildings. Take an
emergency radio and flashlight, if available.
DO NOT use elevators.
If you see large amounts of debris in the air, or if local authorities say the air is badly contaminated, you should:
- Close exterior doors and windows.
- Campus procedures are in place that will initiate the shut-down of air handling systems for buildings so outside air is not brought into the building.
- If specifically told to evacuate or seek medical treatment, do so immediately.